The Institute of Biology at ELTE Eötvös Loránd University (Budapest, https://biologia.elte.hu/en/ ) aims to strengthen its research effort for maintaining its leading position in Hungary.
To establish a Centre of Excellence we open 6 new positions for young, enthusiastic, strategically thinking postdoctoral biologists who are preferentially interested in either fields of Cell and Cognitive Neurobiology, Genome Stability or Applied Microbiology to support our interest in biomedical research. The successful candidate will join a group of researchers who are working on these specific areas.
The positions are initially for two years with the possibility of extension.
Successful postdoctoral biologists are expected to lead independently a specific line of research, recruiting PhD students, take part in teaching, and start their own research group by obtaining research grants in support for their work.
Candidates should send their CV (including a link to publications, and to GoogleScholar and ResearchGate profiles), and a motivation letter, why they would like to initiate or continue research in one of the above fields. The candidate should also list main laboratory methods, protocols s/he is familiar with.
It is advantageous if the candidate
- has prior experience with programming, biostatistics, data science, next-generation sequencing data and high-throughput bioinformatics;
- has prior experience in generating and handling large confocal- and electron microscopy datasets;
- likes to join teaching activities
- has a friendly, collaborative mind-set, and motivation to work in an international, interdisciplinary environment
- is a team player and has a proactive “getting things done” mentality;
- has advanced written and oral communication skills in English;
- can present evidence for previous grant applications.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to make a 15-minute presentation (via internet) on a specific topic.
Salaries are in line with similarly qualified researchers at other research institutions in Hungary, and depend on the experience and quality of the candidate.
At ELTE Eötvös Loránd University Equal Employement Opportunity is ensured and diversity is appreciated. We especially encourage the application from women scientists as the University strives to increase the share of women in professorial positions.
Please send all applications to Krisztina Soproni (email@example.com). The first deadline for applications is the 14th March, but candidates are sought until all positions are filled. Please send an inquiry after this date.